Thursday, November 8, 2007

Back on the Grid

I’m back in LA after a short/productive/fun jaunt out to NYC. Big thanks to everyone who attended Monday evening’s Nightmare Factory event at the Museum of Comic and Cartoon Art; the panel was stocked with an incredibly diverse and cool crew which definitely lead to a rollicking question and answer session. Some media outlet (damn my propensity to forget names) recorded the panel, so as soon as I track down a link I shall post it.

I stopped by my old haunt Midtown Comics (Times Square location) to celebrate New Comics Day, NYC style. Here’s what I picked up (which certainly added quite a bit of weight to my luggage for the trip home. Sigh):

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER #8
ART OF MATT WAGNER’S GRENDEL
HELLBOY DARKNESS CALLS #6
LOBSTER JOHNSON THE IRON PROMETHEUS #3
COUNTDOWN TO FINAL CRISIS 25
FREDDY VS JASON VS ASH ASH #1 (very cool)
HEROES HC (the Alex Ross cover)
INFINITY INC #3
JONAH HEX #25
METAL MEN #4
MIDNIGHTER #13
ROBIN #168 (I’m really curious to see how Ras will be re-born…)
SUPERMAN #670
VINYL UNDERGROUND #2 (not too sure about this series yet, althou the first issue was interesting)
Y THE LAST MAN #59 (I thought this had ended… hmm…)
LUCHA LIBRE #2
SPAWN #172
STEVE NILES STRANGE CASES #2
ANNIHILATION CONQUEST #1
ASTONISHING X-MEN #23
CRIMINAL #10
FANTASTIC FOUR #551
HOWARD THE DUCK #2 (call me crazy)
IMMORTAL IRON FIST #10
NEW AVENGERS ILLUMINATI #5
UNCANNY X-MEN #492
2001 MANIACS SPECIAL #1 (out of sheer, morbid curiosity)
HIGHLANDER #12

On an unrelated note, I saw the Joy Division biopic ‘Control’ last week and I highly recommend it. The cinematography alone is gorgeous.

Later

No comments: