Wednesday, October 3, 2007

New Comics Day!

New Comics Day waits for no one, even as I continue to bravely plow through the stack of books from last week. Out of said stack I have really encountered a few gems, but none shine so bright as one book that continues to be my favorite guilty pleasure: All-Star Batman and Robin. The latest issue (released last week) continues the adventures of the bat-crap crazy Batman as he enjoys carnal relations with Black Canary (while they’re both in full costume, no less), and watches in sheer delight as young Dick Grayson extracts a brutal revenge on the thug who murdered his parents. Jim Lee’s gloriously gritty, ultra-detailed art never ceases to amaze as well. The one downside is that the whole “godd*am Batman” shtick has gotten way, way out of hand. On one page that phrase was used no less than three times. Once was cool, twice was cute, but please. No more.

Anyway, we all know what today is: New Comics Days! Now that I have beaten Halo 3 (well… I beat it over the weekend) I can finally put a dent in the aforementioned stack of books that I picked up last week. I shall not be deterred from picking up new books this week; here’s what I plan on grabbing at Comics Ink this eve:

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER #7
CONAN #44
LOBSTER JOHNSON THE IRON PROMETHEUS #2
ACTION COMICS #856
COUNTDOWN 30
DETECTIVE COMICS #837
FAKER #4
GREEN LANTERN CORPS #16
INFINITY INC #2
JACK OF FABLES #15
JLA HITMAN #2
JONAH HEX #24
METAL MEN #3
TALES OF THE SINESTRO CORPS CYBORG SUPERMAN #1
VINYL UNDERGROUND #1 (this looks cool)
WALKING DEAD POSTER (not a comic, but I love this poster for some reason I can’t really put my finger on)
EXILES #99
HOWARD THE DUCK #1 (yes. don’t laugh)
OMEGA UNKNOWN #1
BLACK DIAMOND #4
GAMEKEEPER #5
STAR TREK YEAR FOUR #3

Oh! And lest I forget, Ain’t It Cool News posted the winners in their Nightmare Factory contest! HEAD HERE (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34273) to check it out!

Later

No comments: