Wednesday, August 15, 2007

New Comics Day!

Seriously, the week is flying by. Most people complain about ‘hump day’ (a phrase that always makes me twitter, primarily because my sense of humor is that of a middle school-age boy), but not I. Nay, New Comics Day is almost as good as Friday, and no Wednesday would be complete without a list of the books that I will be picking up this week!

Before I launch into the picks, however, I wanted to send a special shout-out to both Geoff Johns and Jeff Katz on the debut of Booster Gold #1! From what I’ve heard this book promises to be a fun ride that ties into DC continuity (and rewards the hardcore fans who really know their stuff), all anchored by, IMHO, one of the strongest characters in the uni/multiverse. Congrats you two! Go buy this book!

Also, on the Fox Atomic front, keep your eyes peeled for more info and art from our next graphic novel, The Nightmare Factory, which drops September 4th!

And now, without further ado, here's what I will be picking up this evening at that comics place over by the Sony lot (man, I'm bad with names):

ACTION COMICS #854
ARMY @ LOVE #6 (MR)
BOOSTER GOLD #1 (naturally)
CHECKMATE #17
COUNTDOWN 37
FLASH #231
HELLBLAZER #235 (read this book!)
HIGHWAYMEN #3 (I’m digging this book too… lotsa fun)
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #12
OUTSIDERS FIVE OF A KIND WEEK 3
SPAWN #170 (I’ve said it before… Spawn is good again!)
SUPERMAN BATMAN #39
FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD SPIDER-MAN #23 (final ish before things get... interesting... hmmm....)
NEW X-MEN #41
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #112
WOLVERINE ORIGINS #16 (love me that Steve Dillon art)

That's it for now. I'm off to the races.

Later

No comments: