Monday, August 20, 2007

Monday Malaise Redux

Here we are again ­ another Monday. Another glorious day at Fox Atomic. A day at Fox Atomic is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! (Yes, I was watching Aliens this weekend, why do you ask?)

This past weekend was indeed a good one. And why is that, you wonder? For one simple reason: I didn¹t do squat except p0wning a few brats in Gears of War and got caught up on my reading.

One book really stood out in this weekend¹s read ­ Warren Ellis¹ new series Doktor Sleepless. I am admittedly a huge Ellis fan (do pick up his first novel, Crooked Little Vein), but Doktor Sleepless truly reminds me of my favorite Ellis series ever, Transmetropolitan. Granted the art in Doktor is far inferior to Transmet, but the overt sci-fi / real world hybrid setting coupled with a smartass lead both hearken back to the exploits of one Spider Jerusalem. Be sure to check it out!

Also, keep an eye out for more goodness from our next graphic novel, The Nightmare Factory, coming soon!

Later

No comments: